Long gone are the days when you had to go out and buy an armful of wedding magazines. Of course, you can still do that, but why bother when you can log online and spend countless hours perusing the web? Not to mention you will save a pretty penny on those albeit gorgeously printed magazines. With an internet connection and a laptop/PC, you can plan your whole wedding from the tiniest details to the grandest of events.
The problem is, where the heck do you start? There are countless websites devoted to brides, wedding planning ideas, caterers, and so much more. Since I love making lists, I am gifting you with this list of wedding planning websites that I think are so totally amazing. By the way, can you tell I am a child of the 80s? We sure did love using tons of super tubular adjectives to describe everything.
1. Style Me Pretty: Seriously, I cannot believe just how gorgeous this website is. While I love reading the love stories that accompany the galleries, I just cannot get enough of the images of actual weddings that have taken place around the country. While SMP has all of the important categories you need to plan your wedding, like vendors, wedding fashion and DIY galleries, I go back there almost daily to get even more ideas for my own wedding photography.
2. The Perfect Palette: This website is so darn cool. Whether you have already chosen your color theme for the wedding (hello coral and seafoam green!) or just can’t decide which colors will best represent you, this website has all of the tools that you need. You can search by color to pick out accessories, table settings, boutonnieres, and so much more. If you have a few hundred hours to waste, this is a great website at which you can waste them.
3. Green Wedding Shoes: As much as I love Style Me Pretty, I can also rely on Green Wedding Shoes to provide me with endless gorgeous photos and ideas for my own photography. It has tons of inspiration, DIY ideas and honeymoon tips, perfect for helping you plan your important day.
4. Green Bride Guide: Who says you can’t celebrate your big day in a green way? Green Bride Guide helps you plan your wedding in a way that will leave a small carbon footprint. You can see examples of actual green weddings and read tips from fellow eco-friendly brides. This is a must-read for anyone who is trying to be green for their wedding day.
5. Offbeat Bride: Sure, I love pretty pastels, rhinestones and gorgeous bouquets as much as the next girl. But I also love brides that choose unique wedding venues and themes for their wedding days. That is where Offbeat Bride comes in. This website caters only to weddings that don’t want to be “normal” or “traditional”. You might see dinosaurs, robots, Big Foot, rainbows, leprechauns or pranks played on the bride and groom at an Offbeat Bride wedding. If you want something that cannot be duplicated for your big day, check out this awesome website for ideas.